Aug 21, 2009

All I want for Chrismas...

At long last, the first teaser trailer of James Cameron's Avatar is released on apple.com . For those not in the know, there has been a lot of anticipation for Cameron's upcoming masterpiece. Judging from the reaction of those lucky enough to attend a screening of a short clip some few weeks ago, for good reason too.



Inferring from the tidbits of information found on the Internet, and from the teaser trailer, the story is about a crippled soldier (Sam Worthington) who has his consciousness transferred to a blue alien being, or an avatar. As to why they did that I'm not sure, but like Titanic there is suppose to be an epic love story with another female alien amidst a war between the aliens and the humans.

The film was shot in 3D (As in stereoscopic), though I'm not sure I want to watch it with some thick, heavy polarized glasses after the less than pleasing experience with another 3D film.

Anyway, you can watch the trailer here, or just look at the screenshots below.



Spaceships and mechs, whats not to like?


Feeling a bit blue, are we?


cue snarling, angry alien


Just from the trailer, this must be the most emotionally convincing animated crying scene I have ever seen.



You jump, I jump?

Needless to say, I'll be looking forward to watch this on the big screen come this Chrismas.


No comments: