This is too good to pass over. If you are running your own business or freelancing, you'd be throwing both your fist in the air and saying "SO F*cking TRUE~!"
Jun 29, 2009
Jun 27, 2009
If I am a film critic, I will only need three words to describe every Michael Bay movie:
It was awesome
Before you label me a Bay fanboy, let me be clear that this three words does not describe the quality of his films. It is like a scientific term, like how humans are called Homo Sapiens and salt is called Sodium Chloride. A Bay film? It was awesome.
It was awesome because they are loud, they have MANY explosions (in slow motion, no less), they have girls in sex-ed out outfits, they feature top of the line US military hardware and they are all brainless fun.
They are all awesome because Michael Bay decreed it to be awesome.
Anyway, If you look close enough, you may observe some snippets of wisdom underneath all those mindless awesomeness in Transformers 2 :
- Two years is enough for anyone to forget everything. For example, a giant robot free-for-all in a populated city.
- In China, you can cover up any secrets with a "gas leak". Including A huge rampaging robot tearing down the streets in public.
- If a hot, scantily clad girl is inexplicably attracted to a nerd and smells like diesel, she's a decepticon.
- Old alien robots must ALWAYS speak cryptically even when they can give clear directions. Clues like "tip of the dagger" and "the three kings" are common replacements for "Petra, Jordan".
- The US military can deploy tanks, marines, jet fighters and helicopters in a middle east country at a moment's notice, while the local military can only send two helicopters (and be shot down as soon as they arrive)
- True warriors must always sacrifice themselves to hide the key to a world-destroying weapon, instead of destroying the weapon itself.
- When you plan to kill a kid, always kidnap his parents and bring him to the site where you plan to kill him, for no apparent reason.
- If you claim to be an agent for a non-descript government agency, even Navy admirals will listen to you.
- Small decepticons make great pets.
- Giant alien robots have balls. literally.
So there. Don't forget to catch this awesome 2.5 hour US army recruitment video in the cinemas now!
Jun 17, 2009
Jun 13, 2009
Liquid Rock Games, a Malaysian indie game developer consists of only one programmer and one artist with zero funding, nonetheless their work definitely rivals that of many professional development teams and studios with a AAA budget.
Check out their first upcoming game titled Aftershock.
Jun 3, 2009
Another outstanding piece of work by Blur for Star Wars - The Old Republic, to be shown at E3 this year.
I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe it's the character designs or the lighting, but there seems to a distinct quality to Blur's works that makes it scream "Blluuurrr!". In a good way, of course.