Oct 24, 2008

Mawi - Perempuan

Before you close this window wondering why am I blogging about Mawi: No, this isn't about Mawi, at least not the way you think.

Circa 2005 or 2006, when I was still freelancing, I was looking around for some interesting animation projects to do. It happens that a client of mine directed a couple of Mawi's music videos, and wanted to do an animated one. Naturally, I jumped at the chance, not knowing what I was getting myself into.

It was a fully animated 4 minute video, with only 1 month to do it and an equally miniscule budget. But I was a struggling artist then (still is now...) so I figured this was my break. I managed to deliver the video (with 3 different endings) in a month, plus another 2 months (!) of changes and tweaks.



As you probably can see, the quality is, for lack of a better word, Crap, although I was immensely proud of myself then because I did 95% of the whole video alone, working through endless nights and even the Chinese New Year holidays even though it was apparent my animation skills sucked then.

Nonetheless, the awful quality meant that I won't be impressing anyone so I opted to leave it out of my showreels. To date, this is still the only music video that I have done and it was a unique experience for me, although I couldn't help but wish I could've done better.

1 comment:

藍空 said...

Wow, not bad, use 1 month to done the whole animation, really GENG, until nw i still not really know hw to play the lighting n mapping,zzzzzzz